Learn python packaging for Ubuntu and Debian in the Ubuntu Open Week

Discussion in 'Python' started by SPE - Stani's Python Editor, Apr 29, 2008.

  1. Hi All,

    If you wrote some python code that you want to package or know a cool
    python application of which you like to make a deb installer, the
    python packaging session is all for you! Do you develop some cross-
    platform open source software and you want to give its popularity a
    boost by bringing it to Ubuntu and Debian, read on! (Packages are what
    installers are for Windows.)

    This session will be hosted by the respected Emilio (pochu). I've
    worked closely together with him (and others of the Debian PAPT team
    like POX & ScottK) to make sure these packages landed well in Ubuntu
    Hardy and Debian Unstable:
    - Phatch (sudo apt-get install phatch, http://photobatch.stani.be)
    - SPE (sudo apt-get install spe, http://pythonide.stani.be)

    I've requested this session as I found there was almost no information
    available tailored for python coders. I hope many people will attend.
    The logs will be available here:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/openweekhardy/PythonPackaging

    The complete program of the Ubuntu Open Week is available here:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

    Feel free to comment or questions ahead of this session on this
    thread. I am sure Emilio will read this thread.

    See you there!
    Stani
    SPE - Stani's Python Editor, Apr 29, 2008

  2. Re: Learn python packaging for Ubuntu and Debian in the Ubuntu OpenWeek

    I forgot an important detail...

    This session will be hosted Thu 1 May at 21.00 UTC on IRC in #ubuntu-
    classroom.
    SPE - Stani's Python Editor, Apr 29, 2008