Link to WMV file does not work in Firefox

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Yousuf Khan, Oct 17, 2004.

  1. Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    Hi, I got the following piece of code in my html.

    Code:

    When Windows Media Player opens, it complains that it cannot find the file,
    with the following error message:

    [errmsg]
    Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path
    is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified
    location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.
    [/errmsg]

    However, this same snippet of code works perfectly fine if you replace
    "a.wmv" with "a.avi", or "a.mp3", or "a.mpg", or whatever. All of those
    files exist in the exact same directory as each other. Ideas?

    Running Firefox 1.0PR (also tried 0.9.3) on Windows XP. And it works
    perfectly in IE6.

    Yousuf Khan

    --
    Humans: contact me at ykhan at rogers dot com
    Spambots: just reply to this email address ;-)

    Yousuf Khan, Oct 17, 2004

  2. Yousuf Khan wrote:
    > Hi, I got the following piece of code in my html.

    Code:

    > When Windows Media Player opens, it complains that it cannot find the file,
    > with the following error message:
    >
    > [errmsg]
    > Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path
    > is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified
    > location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.
    > [/errmsg]

    Our crystal balls demand more money to work on weekends, and we can't
    afford that, so you'll have to ask the question again during the week or
    provide a URL.

    Leif K-Brooks, Oct 17, 2004

  3. Yousuf Khan

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Leif K-Brooks said:

    > Our crystal balls demand more money to work on weekends,

    its monday here. i can undercut your rates by up to 8%

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 17, 2004
  4. Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    > Our crystal balls demand more money to work on weekends, and we can't
    > afford that, so you'll have to ask the question again during the week
    > or provide a URL.

    Well, it's not something that's been published on a website yet. It's
    something that resides only on a friend's hard drive so far. Everything is
    being done locally. That code snippet is the only problem area.

    Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan, Oct 18, 2004
  5. Yousuf Khan wrote:
    > Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    >
    >>Our crystal balls demand more money to work on weekends, and we can't
    >>afford that, so you'll have to ask the question again during the week
    >>or provide a URL.

    > Well, it's not something that's been published on a website yet. It's
    > something that resides only on a friend's hard drive so far. Everything is
    > being done locally. That code snippet is the only problem area.

    How are we supposed to solve a problem which could involve a lot of
    things besides your HTML if that's all you show us?

    Leif K-Brooks, Oct 18, 2004
  6. Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    > Yousuf Khan wrote:
    >> Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    >>
    >>> Our crystal balls demand more money to work on weekends, and we
    >>> can't afford that, so you'll have to ask the question again during
    >>> the week or provide a URL.

    >> Well, it's not something that's been published on a website yet. It's
    >> something that resides only on a friend's hard drive so far.
    >> Everything is being done locally. That code snippet is the only
    >> problem area.

    > How are we supposed to solve a problem which could involve a lot of
    > things besides your HTML if that's all you show us?

    Alright, alright, I'll get him to upload it to a website, but as I said,
    it's only this one link that's at issue here.

    Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan, Oct 18, 2004