Link to WMV file does not work in Firefox

Yousuf Khan

Hi, I got the following piece of code in my html.

Code:

When Windows Media Player opens, it complains that it cannot find the file,
with the following error message:

[errmsg]
Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path
is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified
location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.
[/errmsg]

However, this same snippet of code works perfectly fine if you replace
"a.wmv" with "a.avi", or "a.mp3", or "a.mpg", or whatever. All of those
files exist in the exact same directory as each other. Ideas?

Running Firefox 1.0PR (also tried 0.9.3) on Windows XP. And it works
perfectly in IE6.

Yousuf Khan

Leif K-Brooks

Yousuf said:
Hi, I got the following piece of code in my html.

Code:

When Windows Media Player opens, it complains that it cannot find the file,
with the following error message:

[errmsg]
Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path
is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified
location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.
[/errmsg]

Our crystal balls demand more money to work on weekends, and we can't
afford that, so you'll have to ask the question again during the week or
provide a URL.

Yousuf Khan

Leif said:
Our crystal balls demand more money to work on weekends, and we can't
afford that, so you'll have to ask the question again during the week
or provide a URL.

Well, it's not something that's been published on a website yet. It's
something that resides only on a friend's hard drive so far. Everything is
being done locally. That code snippet is the only problem area.

Yousuf Khan

Leif K-Brooks

Yousuf said:
Well, it's not something that's been published on a website yet. It's
something that resides only on a friend's hard drive so far. Everything is
being done locally. That code snippet is the only problem area.

How are we supposed to solve a problem which could involve a lot of
things besides your HTML if that's all you show us?

Yousuf Khan

Leif said:
How are we supposed to solve a problem which could involve a lot of
things besides your HTML if that's all you show us?

Alright, alright, I'll get him to upload it to a website, but as I said,
it's only this one link that's at issue here.

Yousuf Khan