Linking within XML document

Discussion in 'XML' started by mathieu, Apr 12, 2010.

  1. mathieu

    mathieu Guest

    Hi,

    I am constructing a file format for an application where I will need
    to reference XML elements from other XML elements. I was looking at
    XLink for that. The question is: is this worth the trouble ?

    Right now I have the element to be referenced:

    <macro table="10-11" name="SOP Instance Reference Macro Attributes"/

    So a XLink syntax would lead to:

    <myother-element>
    <include xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="#10-11"/>
    </myother-element>

    Since I am using LibXML2, there is no XLink support, I'll have to
    handle the linking at application level anyway.

    I'd be interested in user feedback / user past experience ?

    Thanks

    mathieu, Apr 12, 2010