links to good HTML tutorials

Karl Groves

A family friend recently asked me to teach her HTML, but because of my
schedule I just don't have the time.
Does anyone have any links to any good HTML tutorials I can point her to?
I'd prefer to send her somewhere that is a good intro without being too
geeky, let her get some good background and then hopefully I can give her
more hands-on help.

TIA

-Karl

Jan Roland Eriksson

A family friend recently asked me to teach her HTML, but because of my
schedule I just don't have the time.
Does anyone have any links to any good HTML tutorials I can point her to?
I'd prefer to send her somewhere that is a good intro without being too
geeky, let her get some good background and then hopefully I can give her
more hands-on help.

The most obvious...

<http://www.htmlhelp.org>

....has been around since early 1996, is still maintained and has a
groundwork that suits every intellectual human being on this planet.

John J

Karl Groves said:
A family friend recently asked me to teach her HTML, but because of my
schedule I just don't have the time.
Does anyone have any links to any good HTML tutorials I can point her to?
I'd prefer to send her somewhere that is a good intro without being too
geeky, let her get some good background and then hopefully I can give her
more hands-on help.

TIA

-Karl

Still one of the best for step by step and overall comprehension of how it
all works, by building some pages:

http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/tut/

John

DU

Karl said:
A family friend recently asked me to teach her HTML, but because of my
schedule I just don't have the time.
Does anyone have any links to any good HTML tutorials I can point her to?
I'd prefer to send her somewhere that is a good intro without being too
geeky, let her get some good background and then hopefully I can give her
more hands-on help.

TIA

-Karl

I have a section of links to tutorials here:

http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/Netscape7/Netscape7Section.html#HTMLWebsiteEdition

I must say that I need to update that section a bit as I found very good
tutorials here and there.

DU

SpaceGirl

Karl Groves said:
A family friend recently asked me to teach her HTML, but because of my
schedule I just don't have the time.
Does anyone have any links to any good HTML tutorials I can point her to?
I'd prefer to send her somewhere that is a good intro without being too
geeky, let her get some good background and then hopefully I can give her
more hands-on help.

TIA

-Karl

http://www.w3schools.com/ free schooling.

Frogleg

A family friend recently asked me to teach her HTML, but because of my
schedule I just don't have the time.
Does anyone have any links to any good HTML tutorials I can point her to?

www.pagetutor.com

It's downloadable, too. Includes step-by-step examples and practice.
Your friend should be able to do a simple page in an hour or 2.