little RMI problem

Brian

Hi,

ive developed an RMI application which has correct code [as ive had it
running before, and not altered the code]....

Since this time, ive upgraded [?] my laptop from Win2k to XP and now when i
compile my program I am getting some kind of stub error.... I believe I
havnt altered the code since the program was last working on Win2k.

the error given to me by jBuilder is as follows

java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested
exception is:
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested
exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: securityserver.TicketGrantingService_Stub
java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested
exception is:
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested
exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: securityserver.SecurityServer_Stub

If anyone can help me here I would be eternally greatfull.

Regards,

Brian Quigley

Karthik

Brian said:
Hi,

ive developed an RMI application which has correct code [as ive had it
running before, and not altered the code]....

Since this time, ive upgraded [?] my laptop from Win2k to XP and now when i
compile my program I am getting some kind of stub error.... I believe I
havnt altered the code since the program was last working on Win2k.

the error given to me by jBuilder is as follows

java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested
exception is:
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested
exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: securityserver.TicketGrantingService_Stub

The answer is above - Stub class not found in the CLASSPATH. It
could be that the compiled stub file (.class) is not placed on the
CLASSPATH, from where the server application is run.
Check that !!

Thomas Fritsch

Brian said:
Hi,

ive developed an RMI application which has correct code [as ive had it
running before, and not altered the code]....

Since this time, ive upgraded [?] my laptop from Win2k to XP and now when i
compile my program I am getting some kind of stub error.... I believe I
havnt altered the code since the program was last working on Win2k.
But you altered your project file (in jBuilder something like
"yourproject.jpx"), didn't you?
the error given to me by jBuilder is as follows

java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested
exception is:
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested
exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: securityserver.TicketGrantingService_Stub
java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested
exception is:
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested
exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: securityserver.SecurityServer_Stub
Seems that all or some of your "*_Stub.class" files are missing.
Normally jBuilder generates these classes behind the scenes, according
to your project settings.
Obviously you had those correct settings in your old Win2K environment,
but you don't have them in new WinXP.
To fix this you should have copied your jBuilder project file
"yourproject.jpx" from Win2K to XP.
Alternatively you can reestablish the RMI project settings by hand:
In your project open "Properties for ' TicketGrantingService'" -
"Generate" - "RMI Compiler Settings".
There click/edit the appropriate things ("Generate RMI Stub/Skeleton",
probably with options "-v1.2").
Do the same for the other RMI-capable classes (SecurityService, ...)
of your project.
If anyone can help me here I would be eternally greatfull.

Regards,

Brian Quigley
Regards
Thomas