localhost page not displayed

Lisa

Hi, I've just had win xp pro and iis installed on my
computer. My problem is I haven't been able to view any
pages when I type http://localhost . All that comes up
everytime is 'Page cannot be displayed.' When I click on
an individual asp file it comes up as 'under
construction'. I've checked that everything is running in
the iis program and that all seems to be ok.
Can anyone help me please with some adive?

Atila B

It is possible that you're browsing the site through a
proxy, instead of browsing the local host directly.
Iisstart.asp then assumes the browser is not local.

Assuming you're using Internet Explorer, try the following:

1. Select Tools -> Internet Options
2. Select Connections Tab, then click LAN Settings button
3. Under the Proxy Server area, make sure the "Bypass
proxy server for local addresses" is checked.
4. Hit OK, exit, and try again.