The XML page cannot be displayed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?QmVybmFyZCBQaWV0dGU=?=, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. Help..
    Newbi in ASP 2.0 on iis6.0 on win 2003 server.

    I must have not set something up correctly...
    I create a test solution in visual studio and it displays correctly in my
    browser when I ask to preview in browser.

    When I actually copy the Published soluiton to a directory in my website
    this is what shows up all the time....

    The XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
    then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

    A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource
    'file:///D:/SuperWeb/Testing/Default.aspx'. Line 1...

    <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="_Default" %>
    -^
    Maybe there's something missing in my web.config or machine.config...

    Any help or direction would be apreciated. I rate all my answers :)

    Bernard

    =?Utf-8?B?QmVybmFyZCBQaWV0dGU=?=, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Hello, Bernard.

    Check :

    1. whether the file is being saved in UTF-8.

    2. whether your file and response encoding are correctly set in web.config.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 27, 2006

  3. I guess I have some homework to do since I'm not certain how to find out what
    your asking.
    It's funny... i know of what you speak but don't know where to locate.
    I've got some video tutorials. I think it's time to use them.

    Thanks for the pointers.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmVybmFyZCBQaWV0dGU=?=, Mar 28, 2006