XML Page cannot be displayed

Guest

When I open my website, I get a directory, which I really don't want. I want
it to open default.aspx. But when I click on the default.aspx link, I get
this error:
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource
'http://70.136.170.105/Default.aspx'. Line 1, Posi...

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb"
Inherits="_Default" %>
-^

This is the beginning of the ASP code:

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb"
Inherits="_Default" %>

<head runat="server">
<title>ACS Home Page</title>

I am fairly new to ASP (being strictly a VB Windows programmer).

Is there something I missed here?

Thanks for the help.

Martin Honnen

Brad wrote:

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource
'http://70.136.170.105/Default.aspx'. Line 1, Posi...

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb"
Inherits="_Default" %>
-^

Make sure ASP.NET is enabled on that web server, the above looks as if
the Default.aspx is not executed on the server but simply served as a
file to the browser.

Guest

Martin,

I have been having problems with the IWAM account, the metadata, etc and I
think I finally have these problems solved.

Now, being new to this, how do I enable ASP.Net on the server? I have
already run the aspnet_iisreg -i utility.

Guest

Actually I just did run aspnet_regiis and now I am back to the old error from
the event viewer:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 36
Date: 11/20/2005
Time: 1:45:04 PM
User: N/A
Computer: BRAD
The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC'. The error was 'The
specified metadata was not found.
'.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at: