Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

mt

I'm getting a Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON' error. I'm running IIS 6 on 2003 Server
The error occurs when my asp.net page trys to execute a DTS package stored on another server (same domain). I'm using a sql login - not windows authentication - to connect sql server. Why is the app trying to connect with the Anonymous Logon????

Everything works great when I'm at the IIS machine logged on as an administrator

Anonymous authentication is disabled. Windows authentication is enabled

The app can read from the same db that stores the DTS package without any problem. So...I know there is nothing wrong with the sql login.

mklapp

I am working through this very thing (a little different)

You probably have to build a credential cache

Dim credCache As New System.Net.CredentialCach
Dim uid As Strin
Dim pwd As Strin
dim ws as new my.webservic

uid = "realUser
pwd = "realPassword

credCache.Add(New Uri(ws.Url), "Basic", New System.Net.NetworkCredential(uid, pwd)
ws.Credentials = credCach

ws.method(

This will likely work. Obviously you won't want to keep real Passwords and user ids in your program.

Paul p

What is probably happening is that your Windows Account is coming into SQL Server and since SQL Server is using SQL Login to authenticate it doesn't recognize you Windows Account. I would look at creating a new SQL Server Login and add your Windows Domain Account to that Login. That should work.....