looking for an pdf thumbnailer for html

Andrea Manuel Just

Hello Folks

I'm looking for a freeware program with can mark several *.pdf files
and link them into an html page. I've got multiple PDF Files to link
into a html index and I don't want to select every single file.

Thumbnailer is probably not the right expression because I don't need
the picture of the PDF. The link would be absolutely enough.

I tried to find something with google but I wasn't successful. Do you
have any ideas?

Thanks ahead!

Greets Andrea

Andrea Manuel Just

Hello Folks

I'm looking for a freeware program with can mark several *.pdf files
and link them into an html page. I've got multiple PDF Files to link
into a html index and I don't want to select every single file.

Thumbnailer is probably not the right expression because I don't need
the picture of the PDF. The link would be absolutely enough.

I tried to find something with google but I wasn't successful. Do you
have any ideas?

Thanks ahead!

Greets Andrea

Problem posted allready found. Just google html file indexer and you
will find the link to a freeware programm:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Web_Authoring/HTML_Index_Generators/HTML_File_Indexer.html

Greets Andrea

dorayme

<[email protected]
m>,
Andrea Manuel Just said:
Hello Folks

I'm looking for a freeware program with can mark several *.pdf files
and link them into an html page. I've got multiple PDF Files to link
into a html index and I don't want to select every single file.

Thumbnailer is probably not the right expression because I don't need
the picture of the PDF. The link would be absolutely enough.

What does "mark" mean? What is the problem? You make a list, you
have links in the list items and you put in the names of the pdf
files in the "this" bit of href="this.pdf".

Toby A Inkster

Andrea said:
I'm looking for a freeware program with can mark several *.pdf files and
link them into an html page. I've got multiple PDF Files to link into a
html index and I don't want to select every single file.

One of the perceived problems may people quote when talking about Linux is
the lack of software available for it. There exists a vast number of these
little shareware/freeware tools that do trivial things like the
requirement you listed above -- probably millions of them. Linux doesn't
have that.

Linux doesn't need that. These kind of requirements can be met using the
tools that have already been included as standard for years.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 44 days, 16:34.]

The Semantic Web
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/03/09/sw/

John Hosking

Toby said:
Linux doesn't need that. These kind of requirements can be met using the
tools that have already been included as standard for years.

....with no extra charge for the intuitive user interface. ;-)

Chris F.A. Johnson

One of the perceived problems may people quote when talking about Linux is
the lack of software available for it. There exists a vast number of these
little shareware/freeware tools that do trivial things like the
requirement you listed above -- probably millions of them. Linux doesn't
have that.

Linux doesn't need that. These kind of requirements can be met using the
tools that have already been included as standard for years.

However, the standard sed does not have the -r option.

It can be done without any external commands:

for f in *.pdf; do
done