    have any ideas?

    Thanks ahead!

    Greets Andrea

    Andrea Manuel Just, Mar 12, 2008

  2. On 12 Mrz., 21:35, Andrea Manuel Just <> wrote:
    > Hello Folks
    >
    > I'm looking for a freeware program with can mark several *.pdf files
    > and link them into an html page. I've got multiple PDF Files to link
    > into a html index and I don't want to select every single file.
    >
    > Thumbnailer is probably not the right expression because I don't need
    > the picture of the PDF. The link would be absolutely enough.
    >
    > I tried to find something with google but I wasn't successful. Do you
    > have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks ahead!
    >
    > Greets Andrea

    Problem posted allready found. Just google html file indexer and you
    will find the link to a freeware programm:
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Web_Authoring/HTML_Index_Generators/HTML_File_Indexer.html

    Greets Andrea

    Andrea Manuel Just, Mar 12, 2008

  3. Andrea Manuel Just

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <
    m>,
    Andrea Manuel Just <> wrote:

    > Hello Folks
    >
    > I'm looking for a freeware program with can mark several *.pdf files
    > and link them into an html page. I've got multiple PDF Files to link
    > into a html index and I don't want to select every single file.
    >
    > Thumbnailer is probably not the right expression because I don't need
    > the picture of the PDF. The link would be absolutely enough.

    What does "mark" mean? What is the problem? You make a list, you
    have links in the list items and you put in the names of the pdf
    files in the "this" bit of href="this.pdf".

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 12, 2008
  4. Andrea Manuel Just

    vorpal Guest

    That's quite a dated program. Try this one: http://www.dirhtml.enware.info/

    vorpal, Mar 12, 2008
  5. Andrea Manuel Just wrote:

    > I'm looking for a freeware program with can mark several *.pdf files and
    > link them into an html page. I've got multiple PDF Files to link into a
    > html index and I don't want to select every single file.

    One of the perceived problems may people quote when talking about Linux is
    the lack of software available for it. There exists a vast number of these
    little shareware/freeware tools that do trivial things like the
    requirement you listed above -- probably millions of them. Linux doesn't
    have that.

    Linux doesn't need that. These kind of requirements can be met using the
    tools that have already been included as standard for years.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    [OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 44 days, 16:34.]

    The Semantic Web
    http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/03/09/sw/

    Toby A Inkster, Mar 14, 2008
  6. Andrea Manuel Just

    John Hosking Guest

    Toby A Inkster wrote:

    > Linux doesn't need that. These kind of requirements can be met using the
    > tools that have already been included as standard for years.

    ....with no extra charge for the intuitive user interface. ;-)

    --
    John
    When *I* code, I tend to make use of irregular expressions a lot.

    John Hosking, Mar 14, 2008

    http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2002/08/nipple.html

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    [OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 44 days, 21:28.]

    Toby A Inkster, Mar 14, 2008
  8. On 2008-03-14, Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > Andrea Manuel Just wrote:
    >
    >> I'm looking for a freeware program with can mark several *.pdf files and
    >> link them into an html page. I've got multiple PDF Files to link into a
    >> html index and I don't want to select every single file.

    > One of the perceived problems may people quote when talking about Linux is
    > the lack of software available for it. There exists a vast number of these
    > little shareware/freeware tools that do trivial things like the
    > requirement you listed above -- probably millions of them. Linux doesn't
    > have that.
    >
    > Linux doesn't need that. These kind of requirements can be met using the
    > tools that have already been included as standard for years.

    However, the standard sed does not have the -r option.

    It can be done without any external commands:

    for f in *.pdf; do
    done

    Author:

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Mar 16, 2008
  9. Andrea Manuel Just

    John Hosking Guest

    Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > John Hosking wrote:
    >> Toby A Inkster wrote:
    >>> Linux doesn't need that. These kind of requirements can be met using
    >>> the tools that have already been included as standard for years.

    >> ...with no extra charge for the intuitive user interface. ;-)

    > http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2002/08/nipple.html

    Funny, I seem to remember spending a lot of time worrying about correct
    operation of the above back when I was 16.

    --
    John
    And 17. And 23. And 28...

    John Hosking, Mar 17, 2008