Mail Send Problem

barry

Hi

I a developing on a Windows 2003 Server environment with MS Exchange
2003 installed, using the following code i am able to send e-mail message to
(e-mail address removed) but not to any internet address eg
(e-mail address removed)

try
{
MailMessage Message = new MailMessage();
Message.To = "(e-mail address removed)";
Message.From = "(e-mail address removed)";
Message.Subject = "Testing";
Message.Body = "Some message";

try
{
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "MYSERVER";
SmtpMail.Send(Message);
}
catch(System.Web.HttpException ehttp)

TIA
Barry

Guest

No! I meant do you use a fake email in the real code, not the post.

My experience is non-existing email account can send within your
domain/network, but they will have trouble when trying to send outside into
the wild. Exchange server will check that. Not sure what server you are using.

barry

Hi Jack

No ill feeling meant by the remark, i am using a unregistered
domain, only for development purposes that may be a problem in sending
messages in the wild (as you call it).

Barry