Making ETL from Access 97 to Access 2003

Steeve

Hi,

I need to take data from 5 differents (but similar) database in MS Access 97 and merge them into one MS Access 2003 database.

Is some packages exist to do this task?

Thank

rusi

Hi,

I need to take data from 5 differents (but similar) database in MS Access97 and merge them into one MS Access 2003 database.

Not sure what this had to do with python.
However…
You could write out the five as csvs and then read in those csvs.
This is assuming that access 2003 cannot read in access 97. [Seems a
bit surprising though]
Is some packages exist to do this task?

Dunno…
Have you seen http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html ?

Paul Simon

Hi,

I need to take data from 5 differents (but similar) database in MS Access
97 and merge them into one MS Access 2003 database.

Not sure what this had to do with python.
However…
You could write out the five as csvs and then read in those csvs.
This is assuming that access 2003 cannot read in access 97. [Seems a
bit surprising though]
Is some packages exist to do this task?

Dunno…
Have you seen http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html ?

If there are indices and especially linked primary and foreign keys its
much more complicated than that. One has to delve into Access container
structures etc. As far as I know it has to be done from Access.

Paul Simon

rusi

Its hard to distinguish what you are saying from what I said because
you've lost the quotes.

I need to take data from 5 differents (but similar) database in MS Access
97 and merge them into one MS Access 2003 database.

Not sure what this had to do with python.
However…
You could write out the five as csvs and then read in those csvs.
This is assuming that access 2003 cannot read in access 97. [Seems a
bit surprising though]

Is some packages exist to do this task?

Dunno…
Have you seenhttp://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html?

If  there are indices and especially linked primary and foreign keys its
much more complicated than that.  One has to delve into Access container
structures etc.  As far as I know it has to be done from Access.

I assume you are saying this for my csv suggestion?
Yes of course. I gave this as the last resort if direct import and
other such attempts dont work out.

Paul Simon