Master / Detail datagrids

Marcel

Hi,

I'm new to VS and ASP.NET and have a question about
master/detail datagrids.
I have a master datagrid filled with data via a component
that contains a
SQL adapter. Now I would like to fill a detail datagrid
(which will contain
a number of detail records) based on the selected master.
Is it possible to
do this via the Data Adapter Wizard and the Query Builder
or do I need to
write VB code ?

Thanks,

Marcel

srinivas_moorthy

Hi,
This Master/Detail DataGrids is possible using the
DATASETS. This is an ADO.NET COMPONENT which is an
inmemory database consists of different tables and their
relations. Please have a look on the DATASETS
DATARELATIONS Collections.

thanks
srinivas moorthy

Marcel

Thanks for the answer. I have defined the relation between
the 2 tables in the dataset, but how do I update the
detail datagrid when another parent is selected ?