Matplotlib in Python vs. Matlab, which one has much better graphicalpressentation?

N/A

Hi all,

Can I have your opinions on Matlab vs. Matplotlib in Python in terms of
2D and 3D graphical presentation please.

Matplotlib in Python vs. Matlab, which one has much better graphical
pressentation?

Alexander Schmolck

N/A said:
Hi all,

Can I have your opinions on Matlab vs. Matplotlib in Python in terms of 2D and
3D graphical presentation please.

Matplotlib in Python vs. Matlab, which one has much better graphical
pressentation?

As far as 2D plots are concerned I think matplotlib has been superior for some
time now, but 3D plot support is only in the making (other options do exist,
but I haven't tried MayaVi and co).

However, if you've got a license for matlab anyway, you can also fairly easily
use it from python and mix and match as required (see my mlabwrap module at
<http://mlabwrap.sf.net>).

E.g. do do a pretty surface plot from python, try:

Once matplotlib is up to the task, it should be easy to get rid of matlab
dependencies in you code.

'as