MCPAN problems?

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Vitaliy, Sep 23, 2003.

  1. Vitaliy

    Vitaliy Guest

    I've installed perl 5.8.0 on my FreeBSD 4.8. The installation ran
    smoothly and without any problems.
    After I've tried to upgrade CPAN from shell (cpan> install
    Bundle::CPAN) as it was suggested I've stumbled upon Segmentation
    fault and core dump.
    Now, everytime I try to install something through the CPAN shell, I
    get the same error. I can't even reload indexes...
    Anyone has a solution to this problem?
    ------------
    [root@new:~]$ perl -MCPAN -e shell

    cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.61)
    ReadLine support available (try 'install Bundle::CPAN')

    cpan> reload index
    CPAN: Storable loaded ok
    LWP not available
    CPAN: Net::FTP loaded ok
    Fetching with Net::FTP:
    ftp://cpan-sj.viaverio.com/pub/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
    Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
    CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    [root@new:~]$
    Vitaliy, Sep 23, 2003