    can I accurately measure the total bandwidth used by each site? I need to
    know total bandwidth for the current day, week, month, quarter, and year.

    Thanks!
    Sven, Nov 3, 2005

  2. Hi,

    You can use the IIS log files. If i remember correctly, this is however
    not logged by default, so you will need to enable logging of it. In IIS
    Manager, right click the website and click Properties. Click on the
    Properties button for Logging. Click the Extended Properties tab and check
    "Bytes Sent (sc-bytes)".

    Now you can use any log analyser you would like (a list of some of them is
    available here:
    http://www.iisfaq.com/Default.aspx?tabid=2550
    )

    You can also use Log Parser:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/tools/logparser/default.mspx

    --
    Regards,
    Kristofer Gafvert (IIS MVP)

    Kristofer Gafvert [MVP], Nov 3, 2005

  3. Hi

    You can find that information by analyzing the IIS logs files.

    You can either use the Logparser tool from Microsoft or some other log
    analyser software.
    I can recommend Awstats (awstats.sourceforge.net/) which is free and
    opensource.

    Regards
    Peter Schmidt
    www.iis-digest.com