membership/role providers - transactions!

mehdi

Hi folks,
I got a general question that I cannot find the answer for. Consider a
3-tier application architecture with a Web Service handling the
business layer (BL) logic. The BL provides the client the facility to
create/update/delete or query any given Employee account within the
system. Each employee has got a username/password pair that's supposed
to be stored in the *aspnetdb* database using the Membership API. The
question is that how a client is supposed to create an employee account
with one web method, and create a new user name with another web
method, *transactionally* under a *stateless* web service???

[WebMethod] void CreateEmployee(Employee employee) { }

[WebMethod] void CreateUser(string username, string password) {}

How am I supposed to keep the integrity of the system? Maybe, you
suggest the following WebMethod instead of those two:

void CreateEmployee(Employee employee, string username, string
password) {}

However, this introduces a new bunch of problems under the
UpdateEmployee/DeleteEmployee and the like methods.

What should be done to handle the issue rationally?

Thank you for your time,
Mehdi