Migrated web site still runs in IIS rather than ASP Development Se

Guest

I migrated a web site from 2003 and cannot figure out how to make the new
version of it run on the ASP.NET Development Server rather than IIS.

I've seen several people ask the opposite question (how to force the web
site to use IIS), but not this one. I tried reversing the answer, but the
Property Pages -> Server -> Use Custom Server radio button is grayed out so
I'm unable to change anything.

How can I change an existing web site to run on the ASP.NET Development
server rather than IIS?

Thank you.

Guest

I don't know what that means. When you create a new ASP 2.0 web site, you
can choose between File system, IIS, or Frontpage for the location. But
we're talking about an existing web site here and I don't know how to switch
between those options (namely from IIS to File system).

So yes, I want to do exactly what you are saying, but I don't know how.

Juan T. Llibre

Create a new website, using the File System option.

Then, add the files from your existing website,
using the "Website", "Add existing item" menu in the VS IDE.

You will get a new website, with the file system,
which has the exact same files as your current website.

When you're ready to replace your current website, publish it or "Copy Web Site".