Migrating: Eclipse -> Netbeans

gwoodhouse

Hello everyone.

As you may have read from previous posts ive moved to a new company.
Now this company uses Eclipse -
They auto-build their product and use a seperate tomcat server to host
everything.

Ive installed netbeans and ive set up the server (i think) and when
trying to build netbeans is adding lots of horrible thing to my
project (build, nbproject, conf, dist).

How can i get Netbeans to compile the classes to WEB-INF/Classes and
compile/run like Eclipse?

Would be really really grateful for a quick reply! Thanks in advance!

Graeme

guigouz

Hello everyone.

As you may have read from previous posts ive moved to a new company.
Now this company uses Eclipse -
They auto-build their product and use a seperate tomcat server to host
everything.

Ive installed netbeans and ive set up the server (i think) and when
trying to build netbeans is adding lots of horrible thing to my
project (build, nbproject, conf, dist).

How can i get Netbeans to compile the classes to WEB-INF/Classes and
compile/run like Eclipse?

Would be really really grateful for a quick reply! Thanks in advance!

Graeme

Just create a new web project. Netbeans will compile the source files
to WEB-INF/classes, then just build the .war (done automatically when
you build the project) and deploy.

Hope this helps

gui

gwoodhouse

Hi gui,

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is still around though - i thought getting the class's in
the right place would help.

I cannot deploy my project correctly - im not sure why - the Tomcat
logs dont give me anything - infact, the log that they create during
startup (usually displayed in ecplise console) isnt displayed at all
in netbeans. Again, i dont know what the difference is.

I guess ill carry on working on the problem. Hopefully someone can
give me a few more hints if they read this.

Graeme

Lionel van den Berg

Perhaps try a forum at www.netbeans.org

Lew

As you may have read from previous posts ive moved to a new company.
Now this company uses Eclipse -
They auto-build their product and use a seperate tomcat server to host
everything.

Ive installed netbeans and ive set up the server (i think) and when
trying to build netbeans is adding lots of horrible thing to my
project (build, nbproject, conf, dist).

"Horrible"? Why "horrible"? These are only the directories that,
respectively, hold your compiled application, project information,
configuration and deployment artifacts. What's horrible about having a
working project and built applications?
How can i get Netbeans to compile the classes to WEB-INF/Classes and
compile/run like Eclipse?

By setting up the project properties, but mostly this is already happening in
your current setup already. You actually do not have a problem.
Would be really really grateful for a quick reply! Thanks in advance!

Usenet is not the place to be when you're in a hurry.

NetBeans's build/ folder is where the application is built. dist/ is where
the JAR or WAR goes. Just deploy the WAR from the dist/ directory, or the
subdirectory tree for the application from the build/ directory.

This is in NetBeans's documentation.

The word "I" in English is always to be spelled in upper case.

If you are unfamiliar with NetBeans, why not learn Eclipse at this new job?