Mixing HTTP and HTTPS?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Dani, Aug 21, 2009.

  1. Dani

    Dani Guest

    Hi!

    I've seen many online stores which mix HTTP with HTTPS
    Most of the times they go into HTTPS just before checkout
    I have two questions:
    1. What about session variables? You've gotta keep the user logged in and
    his cart intact when you proceed to checkout... How is this done?
    2. Do I have to have the server support SSL on the same application and go
    to SSL on the same files? I'm asking this because many hosting services
    offer a "one page hosting" for SSL, in case you want to do a checkout
    page... But then there's a problem, the whole website's frame with images
    and all must be kept there too, or a static HTML for all of that because you
    obviously can't generate the whole page frame when this is a page seperate
    from you application...

    I guess the main question is number one...
    Is there anything else important I have to know about working with SSL?

    Thanks a lot!
    Dan

    __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4355 (20090821) __________

    http://www.eset.com