Model Forms in ASP?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZGlnSmF6eg==?=, May 11, 2004.

  1. I need to create a pop-up form in ASP that works like the Windows modal forms where the parent form is locked until action is taken on the child form. How do I create a pop-up form and control the size (smaller than the parent)? Then, how do call it and keep the parent form in the background? I know about reponse.redirect and server.transfer
    Thanks for your suggestions!

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGlnSmF6eg==?=, May 11, 2004

  2. Use the JScript ShowModalDialog method
    Here's more info:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...r/dhtml/reference/methods/showmodaldialog.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], May 11, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?ZGlnSmF6eg==?=

    David Jessee Guest

    I don't think that will work. Can ModalDialogues post data?

    David Jessee, May 11, 2004
  4. Sure, they can post back just like any other web page.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], May 11, 2004