MSChart in .NET environmnet

arc

My web application is using MSChart for reporting. (until i port it to some
decent reporting tool)
How to make sure all the web clients (IE atleast) have MSChart on their
system to view these charts?

Windows 2000, XP dont seem to have them by default unless Visual Studio is
installed in the system?
If i copy and register them as OCX in the system folder even then it seems
to be unaware of its presence. Any dependencies to be installed at a
minimum.

Thanks,
Arc

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

According to this, you can set up the page so that MSChart will download
from a Web site if it isn't already installed:

http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/MSChartExample.shtml

Deploying ActiveX Controls on the Web with the Internet Component Download

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaxctrl/html/msdn_deplactx.asp

There's more info on distributing a licensed control in this article, near
the end:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ctivex_control_to_be_used_on_the_internet.asp