MSDTC config for transfaction scope?

Billy Zhang

I have two web server, one DB server with two Database. I used MS enterprise
transaction with transfaction scope.

How to config MSDTC between the web server and DB to make it work?

any document?

Thanks,
-Billy

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Billy,

Here're some posts/documentations that may help.

Related posts :
http://forums.asp.net/p/1203072/2581356.aspx
http://sql-server-performance.com/Community/forums/t/5844.aspx

Troubleshooting Problems with MSDTC:

Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us.

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbHkgWmhhbmc=?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: MSDTC config for transfaction scope?
| Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 03:19:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I have two web server, one DB server with two Database. I used MS
enterprise
| transaction with transfaction scope.
|
| How to config MSDTC between the web server and DB to make it work?
|
| any document?
|
| Thanks,
| -Billy

Billy Zhang

I will try your suggestions.

another question:

I have a web server 32 bit and SQL server 2005 64bit .
Does msdtc support SQL server 2005 64bit with web server 32 bit?

Thanks,
-Billy

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Billy,

From your another post I know you're using 32bit web server and 64bit DB
server.

I've tested it on my side. It worked fine. I have a 32bit XP SP2 machine as
the web server and a Windows 2003 64bit machine with SQL Server 2005 64bit
installed as a DB server.

Firstly please follow the instructions in this post to configure MSDTC and
make sure Distribute Transaction Coordinator is running on both the web
server and the DB server (note, after setting the configuration, please
restart the two machines):
http://forums.asp.net/p/1203072/2581356.aspx

Secondly, when I tested it I got an exception: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has
been returned from a call to a COM component. This is because that I didn't
add C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtc.exe as an exception of the Windows Firewall
on the two machines. To test, you can turn off the Windows Firewall on the
web server and the DB server.

If it still doesn't work please tell me the error message (if any) and
provide the code how you use the TransactionScope.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbHkgWmhhbmc=?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: MSDTC config for transfaction scope?
| Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 03:19:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I have two web server, one DB server with two Database. I used MS
enterprise
| transaction with transfaction scope.
|
| How to config MSDTC between the web server and DB to make it work?
|
| any document?
|
| Thanks,
| -Billy

Allen Chen [MSFT]