    any document?

    Thanks,
    -Billy
    Billy Zhang, Oct 13, 2008

  2. Hi Billy,

    Here're some posts/documentations that may help.

    Related posts :
    http://forums.asp.net/p/1203072/2581356.aspx
    http://sql-server-performance.com/Community/forums/t/5844.aspx

    Troubleshooting Problems with MSDTC:

    Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us.

    --------------------

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Oct 14, 2008

  3. Billy Zhang

    Billy Zhang Guest

    I will try your suggestions.

    another question:

    I have a web server 32 bit and SQL server 2005 64bit .
    Does msdtc support SQL server 2005 64bit with web server 32 bit?

    Thanks,
    -Billy

    Billy Zhang, Oct 14, 2008
  4. Hi Billy,

    From your another post I know you're using 32bit web server and 64bit DB
    server.

    I've tested it on my side. It worked fine. I have a 32bit XP SP2 machine as
    the web server and a Windows 2003 64bit machine with SQL Server 2005 64bit
    installed as a DB server.

    Firstly please follow the instructions in this post to configure MSDTC and
    make sure Distribute Transaction Coordinator is running on both the web
    server and the DB server (note, after setting the configuration, please
    restart the two machines):
    http://forums.asp.net/p/1203072/2581356.aspx

    Secondly, when I tested it I got an exception: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has
    been returned from a call to a COM component. This is because that I didn't
    add C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtc.exe as an exception of the Windows Firewall
    on the two machines. To test, you can turn off the Windows Firewall on the
    web server and the DB server.

    If it still doesn't work please tell me the error message (if any) and
    provide the code how you use the TransactionScope.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    --------------------

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Oct 14, 2008
  5. Hi Billy,

    Have you solved this issue?

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Oct 17, 2008
  6. Billy Zhang

    Billy Zhang Guest

    Thank you!
    It worked fine after I restarted the DB server.

    Billy Zhang, Oct 17, 2008