MSXML ServerXMLHTTP

mohn3310

We're having some problems with foreign characters using
ServerXMLHTTP.

We have an asp page that calls a function in COM through
ServerXMLHTTP. The COM component returns xml data. If that data
contains any foreign characters, the "responseXML.xml" method on the
ServerXMLHTTP component is empty. It works fine if there are no
foreign characters.

How can we get this to work? I assumed it had something to do with the
encoding. The xml is returned to the COM component from SQL Server,
which doesn't include the "encodings" attribute. So we tried inserting
the "<?xml version='1.0' encoding=''?>" in front of the xml data, with
different encodings, but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Martin Honnen

mohn3310 said:
We're having some problems with foreign characters using
ServerXMLHTTP.

We have an asp page that calls a function in COM through
ServerXMLHTTP. The COM component returns xml data. If that data
contains any foreign characters, the "responseXML.xml" method on the
ServerXMLHTTP component is empty. It works fine if there are no
foreign characters.

How can we get this to work? I assumed it had something to do with the
encoding. The xml is returned to the COM component from SQL Server,
which doesn't include the "encodings" attribute. So we tried inserting
the "<?xml version='1.0' encoding=''?>" in front of the xml data, with
different encodings, but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

If there is no XML declaration with an encoding then the document needs
to be UTF-8 or UTF-16 encoded.