Multiple logon pages?

tshad

We have 2 secure areas in our site, one for employees and one for managers.

If our web.config is set up like so:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="staffing"
loginUrl="/employee/EELogin.aspx"
timeout="400"
protection="All"
path="/" />
</authentication>

Both employee and managers get the same logon page when entering any pages
in the site.

Is there a way to set it up so that there are 2 logon pages one in the
employee folder and one in the manager folder?

Thanks,

Tom

tdavisjr

Well, you can. But each folder would have to be configured as its own
virtual directory. Then in the web.config of each folder you would have
to set the loginURL as you did. Please note that these applications
would be isolated and would not be able to share state that come with
asp.net out of the box.
-HTH

tshad

tdavisjr said:
Well, you can. But each folder would have to be configured as its own
virtual directory. Then in the web.config of each folder you would have
to set the loginURL as you did. Please note that these applications
would be isolated and would not be able to share state that come with
asp.net out of the box.

I figured that.

That would mean that we are running 2 applications.

I was hoping we could just do it internally, such as using a setting in
Web.Config in the separate folders to say override the setting from the
Web.Config from the root folder. Similar to the way we use location to
specify which pages to ignore for the login page.

Thanks,

Tom

tdavisjr

the <authentication> element is an application level setting meaning
that it can only be applied to Web Applications / Virtual Directories.
If you put that element in a web.config file that is located inside in
a folder this is not configured as an application then you will get an
exception.