    depending on installed submodules.

    Thank you

    Stefan
    Stefan Uhlemann, Dec 15, 2008

  2. On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:01:25 +0100, "Stefan Uhlemann"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >What is the best way for a web application with multiple projects
    >(modularity) using same Masterpage and style sheets.

    Using your source control software is probably the best way to do this
    - you can store a style sheet (for example) in a single location in
    your repository, but then use the file in multiple projects.

    It's a good idea to get this set up before you start - nothing quite
    like finding you have loads of projects with slightly different
    versions of a file, and then trying to fix them up to use the same
    one.

    A potential problem with this approach is that it can make regression
    testing rather difficult - if you change the css file in one project,
    it changes for all of the others, with the obvious risk that the
    change will be deleterious for one of your other projects.

    --
    http://www.sgat-computing-services.co.uk/
    Gareth Erskine-Jones, Dec 15, 2008

  3. Hi Mark,

    Thank you for your reply.

    Well, i´m trying to prevent making a "copy" of all styles and masterpages.

    I tried this solution:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2006/07/01/652986.aspx

    It works fine, but the designer can´t display the masterpages correctly (and
    styles) which makes designmode in Visual Studio unusable.

    Stefan

    Stefan Uhlemann, Dec 15, 2008
  4. The reason preventing the copy of the masterpage is building the menu within
    the main project.
    The main menu looks like this:

    Main Menu (Build by the main project)
    - Menu point 1
    - Menu Point 2
    - Menu Point 3
    SubModule 1 (which is build by another "depending" project)
    - Sub Menu 1.1
    - Sub Menu 1.2
    SubModul 2 (another project)
    - Sub Menu 2.1
    - Sub Menu 2.2 and so on...

    I guess, if i copy the masterpage this will not be possible...

    Stefan Uhlemann, Dec 15, 2008