    exist on a development machine at a time? Is there a better alternative?

    Thank you,
    Sammy

    Sammy, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Sammy,

    You can add more web sites on XP using adsutil.vbs.

    cd\inetpub\AdminScripts cscript adsutil.vbs COPY W3SVC/1 W3SVC/2

    nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/<O$>

    I have a Windows 2003 Server with two websites. One hosts a web service and
    the other a web application. When my team checks out solutions to work with,
    a problem arrises. Windows XP (the development machines) IIS can only have
    one website. What's the best solution for this, should I disable certain
    developers from checking out the web services solution, while disable the
    others, say from checking out the web application, so that only one can

    Willie Ferguson, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Sammy,

    I'll try again:

    You can add more web sites to XP, but only one can run at a time. To add a second web site on XP use the following commands:

    > cd\inetpub\AdminScripts

    > cscript adsutil.vbs COPY W3SVC/1 W3SVC/2

    This will copy the configuration from the first site to a second site. The site can be enabled/disabled in the IIS Manager.

    Willie

    Willie Ferguson, Feb 8, 2005
  4. Sammy

    Sammy Guest

    Yes, but is this really the way it should be done?

    Sammy, Feb 8, 2005