Mutex and permission settings

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by William LaMartin, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. I posted this in other dotnet newsgroups with no response, so I will try it
    here:

    What needs to be changed to make this work? It is on a Windows 2003 shared
    server.

    This code:

    Private Shared FileLockMutex As System.Threading.Mutex
    Shared Sub New()
    FileLockMutex = New System.Threading.Mutex(False,
    "MyFileLockMutex")
    End Sub

    on an aspx page produces the following error message on one server I host
    on.

    by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
    please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
    level in the configuration file.

    Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the
    permission of type System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.

    William LaMartin, Oct 22, 2003