    way( for example by using their keys or something). Please help me.

    Arun
    , Dec 15, 2006

  2. Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Can any one suggest me how to access the mutually exclusive check boxes
    > in a table of 7 rows by 14 columns. Only one can be selected in each
    > row. Other than checking each one with if condition is there any other
    > way( for example by using their keys or something). Please help me.

    Well, at the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, that's what radio buttons
    are for...
    Mark Rae, Dec 15, 2006

  3. It sounds like you should be using radio buttons to me.

    Marina Levit [MVP], Dec 15, 2006

    Thanks for your fast action.

    But in this case I have to leave a row with no option checked (if a
    user wants to do that).

    Marina Levit [MVP] wrote:
    > It sounds like you should be using radio buttons to me.
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Can any one suggest me how to access the mutually exclusive check boxes
    > > in a table of 7 rows by 14 columns. Only one can be selected in each
    > > row. Other than checking each one with if condition is there any other
    > > way( for example by using their keys or something). Please help me.
    > >
    > > Arun

    , Dec 15, 2006

    Hi

    First of all I am sorry to post the same message again and again. I
    didnt do that intensionally. But I would have appreciated your answer
    if it was more helpful to me. And as you told this is not at all a
    private web. Thanks for opening my eyes

    Mark Rae wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > > Can any one suggest me how to access the mutually exclusive check boxes
    > > in a table of 7 rows by 14 columns. Only one can be selected in each
    > > row. Other than checking each one with if condition is there any other
    > > way( for example by using their keys or something). Please help me.

    > Well, at the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, that's what radio buttons
    > are for...
    , Dec 15, 2006
  6. Mark Rae Guest

    "" <> wrote in message

    > But in this case I have to leave a row with no option checked (if a
    > user wants to do that).

    Why didn't you say that in the first place...?

    So why not have an additional radio button called "None" or something
    similar...?
    Mark Rae, Dec 15, 2006
  7. I personally don't like introducing extra gui elements just to make the
    developer's job easier. I would likely handle client-side onclick event to
    unclick all the checkboxes but the one that caused the event.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Dec 17, 2006
  8. Mark Rae Guest

    "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    >I personally don't like introducing extra gui elements just to make the
    >developer's job easier. I would likely handle client-side onclick event to
    >unclick all the checkboxes but the one that caused the event.

    But to do that completely flies in the face of "accepted" GUI standards...
    Checkboxes are not designed to be mutually exclusive - that's what radio
    buttons are for...
    Mark Rae, Dec 17, 2006
  9. Could be. Not the biggest crime though. Somehow the idea of a
    "none-or-one-only" checkbox group doesn't upset my usability sense.

    Eliyahu Goldin, Dec 17, 2006