    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/e...-riomaggiore-cinque-terre-sleeping-room-1.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Nov 27, 2005

  2. "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote in message
    >I have noticed that Google shows
    > the page
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/ligurien
    > among the results
    > instead of
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-ligurien/
    > for
    > boenden i Ligurien
    > Now I wonder whether it does not like the name of the subsubdirectory
    > italien-ligurien
    > Perhaps I had better create a subsubdirectory which is called
    > italien/ligurien as I have
    > for German
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/italien/ligurien
    > but would it make sense to change the name now?
    > italien-ligurien let users easily understand that Ligurien is a part of
    > Italy, doesn´t it?

    I doubt people rarely, if ever, read the URLs they visit. I know I usually
    only read the TLD and disregard everything after the slash. If you're
    worried about people not knowing that Ligurien is part of Italy...put that
    info in the content of the page. :)

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AxisHOST.com
    Cpanel Hosting & Fully Managed Servers
    Tina - AxisHOST, Inc., Nov 27, 2005

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

    > I have noticed that Google shows
    > the page
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/ligurien
    > among the results
    > instead of
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-ligurien/
    > for
    > boenden i Ligurien
    > Now I wonder whether it does not like the name of the subsubdirectory
    > italien-ligurien
    > Perhaps I had better create a subsubdirectory which is called
    > italien/ligurien as I have
    > for German
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/italien/ligurien
    > but would it make sense to change the name now?
    > italien-ligurien let users easily understand that Ligurien is a part of
    > Italy, doesn´t it?

    Maybe it thinks you spelled "Italian" wrong.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Nov 27, 2005
  4. "Neredbojias" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
    >
    > > I have noticed that Google shows
    > > the page
    > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/ligurien
    > > among the results
    > > instead of
    > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-ligurien/
    > > for
    > > boenden i Ligurien
    > > Now I wonder whether it does not like the name of the subsubdirectory
    > > italien-ligurien
    > > Perhaps I had better create a subsubdirectory which is called
    > > italien/ligurien as I have
    > > for German
    > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/italien/ligurien
    > > but would it make sense to change the name now?
    > > italien-ligurien let users easily understand that Ligurien is a part of
    > > Italy, doesn´t it?

    > Maybe it thinks you spelled "Italian" wrong.

    Perhaps.
    Or may-be I should create the file index.php for
    the subdirectory sv
    that means for
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/
    Anyway, I might have a problem with having
    one level less at sv/
    sv/italien-ligurien/
    whereas at
    de/
    de/italien/ligurien
    Or is that any problem for search engines?
    It does not seem to be a problem for Yahoo.
    What about Google?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/italien/ligurien
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Nov 27, 2005

    > "Neredbojias" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
    > >
    > > > I have noticed that Google shows
    > > > the page
    > > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/ligurien
    > > > among the results
    > > > instead of
    > > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-ligurien/
    > > > for
    > > > boenden i Ligurien
    > > > Now I wonder whether it does not like the name of the subsubdirectory
    > > > italien-ligurien
    > > > Perhaps I had better create a subsubdirectory which is called
    > > > italien/ligurien as I have
    > > > for German
    > > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/italien/ligurien
    > > > but would it make sense to change the name now?
    > > > italien-ligurien let users easily understand that Ligurien is a part

    of
    > > > Italy, doesn´t it?

    > > Maybe it thinks you spelled "Italian" wrong.

    > Perhaps.
    > Or may-be I should create the file index.php for
    > the subdirectory sv
    > that means for
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/
    > Anyway, I might have a problem with having
    > one level less at sv/
    > sv/italien-ligurien/
    > whereas at
    > de/
    > de/italien/ligurien
    > Or is that any problem for search engines?
    > It does not seem to be a problem for Yahoo.
    > What about Google?

    Actually, I see that there is a file there but I guess I had better write a
    sitemap of the subdirectory sv
    on that page, hadn´t I?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/italien/ligurien
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Nov 27, 2005
  6. "Tina - AxisHOST, Inc." <> skrev i meddelandet

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote in message
    > >I have noticed that Google shows
    > > the page
    > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/ligurien
    > > among the results
    > > instead of
    > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-ligurien/
    > > for
    > > boenden i Ligurien
    > > Now I wonder whether it does not like the name of the subsubdirectory
    > > italien-ligurien
    > > Perhaps I had better create a subsubdirectory which is called
    > > italien/ligurien as I have
    > > for German
    > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/italien/ligurien
    > > but would it make sense to change the name now?
    > > italien-ligurien let users easily understand that Ligurien is a part of
    > > Italy, doesn´t it?

    > I doubt people rarely, if ever, read the URLs they visit. I know I

    usually
    > only read the TLD and disregard everything after the slash. If you're
    > worried about people not knowing that Ligurien is part of Italy...put that
    > info in the content of the page. :)
    >
    > --Tina
    > --

    Done, even more clearly than before.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-ligurien

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Nov 27, 2005
  7. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > >
    > > "Neredbojias" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > > With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

    > of
    > > >
    > > > Maybe it thinks you spelled "Italian" wrong.

    > > Perhaps.
    > > Or may-be I should create the file index.php for
    > > the subdirectory sv
    > > that means for
    > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/
    > > Anyway, I might have a problem with having
    > > one level less at sv/
    > > sv/italien-ligurien/
    > > whereas at
    > > de/
    > > de/italien/ligurien
    > > Or is that any problem for search engines?
    > > It does not seem to be a problem for Yahoo.
    > > What about Google?

    > Actually, I see that there is a file there but I guess I had better write a
    > sitemap of the subdirectory sv
    > on that page, hadn´t I?

    Actually, I know very little about search engines. SEs are a scam, pure
    and simple. A few years ago while everyone was lauding the merits of
    Google, I was sticking pins in a paper-mache effigy of the Google home
    page and chanting Haitian voodoo rites in Swahili. (Don't know Haitian.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Nov 28, 2005
  8. In article <>,
    Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > Actually, I know very little about search engines. SEs are a scam, pure
    > and simple. A few years ago while everyone was lauding the merits of
    > Google, I was sticking pins in a paper-mache effigy of the Google home
    > page and chanting Haitian voodoo rites in Swahili. (Don't know Haitian.)

    Learn Haitian before attempting Voodoo. You'll have to get rid of that
    horn protruding from your left ear now, unless you find it attractive.
    If it's a trumpet, use industrial hydrochloric acid, but if it's a rhino
    horn you'll need ten percent by weight of ammonium nitrate in a tepid,
    ethanol base laced with the breath of someone infected by rhino flu.
    But less seriously, you don't believe in the value of SEs or Google
    ranking?

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
    Leonard Blaisdell, Nov 28, 2005
  9. Luigi Donatello Asero

    rf Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:

    [stuff]

    Do you think you could tart up your trimming a littlle bit?

    You know, snip the bits you are not interested in, especially the large
    bits below your last comment, just so I don't have to scroll way down to
    the bottom looking for more of your enlightned writing, only to find none?

    --
    Cheers, Richard.
    rf, Nov 28, 2005
  10. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Leonard Blaisdell quothed:

    > In article <>,
    > Neredbojias <> wrote:
    >
    > > Actually, I know very little about search engines. SEs are a scam, pure
    > > and simple. A few years ago while everyone was lauding the merits of
    > > Google, I was sticking pins in a paper-mache effigy of the Google home
    > > page and chanting Haitian voodoo rites in Swahili. (Don't know Haitian.)

    > Learn Haitian before attempting Voodoo. You'll have to get rid of that
    > horn protruding from your left ear now, unless you find it attractive.
    > If it's a trumpet, use industrial hydrochloric acid, but if it's a rhino
    > horn you'll need ten percent by weight of ammonium nitrate in a tepid,
    > ethanol base laced with the breath of someone infected by rhino flu.

    Aqua regia, which I use for general dissolution, anyway, ought to do it.

    > But less seriously, you don't believe in the value of SEs or Google
    > ranking?

    It would be hard to deny they have a realistic value; I just don't like
    the system.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Nov 29, 2005
  11. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, rf quothed:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >
    > [stuff]
    >
    > Do you think you could tart up your trimming a littlle bit?
    >
    > You know, snip the bits you are not interested in, especially the large
    > bits below your last comment, just so I don't have to scroll way down to
    > the bottom looking for more of your enlightned writing, only to find none?

    Okay, old timer. In this case you're probably right and &deity knows I
    don't want to make you any more ornery than before.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Nov 29, 2005