Name of the subsubdirectories.

Luigi Donatello Asero

I have noticed that Google shows
the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/ligurien
among the results
instead of
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-ligurien/
for
boenden i Ligurien
Now I wonder whether it does not like the name of the subsubdirectory
italien-ligurien
Perhaps I had better create a subsubdirectory which is called
italien/ligurien as I have
for German
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/italien/ligurien
but would it make sense to change the name now?
italien-ligurien let users easily understand that Ligurien is a part of
Italy, doesn´t it?

Tina - AxisHOST, Inc.

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
I have noticed that Google shows
the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/ligurien
among the results
instead of
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-ligurien/
for
boenden i Ligurien
Now I wonder whether it does not like the name of the subsubdirectory
italien-ligurien
Perhaps I had better create a subsubdirectory which is called
italien/ligurien as I have
for German
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/italien/ligurien
but would it make sense to change the name now?
italien-ligurien let users easily understand that Ligurien is a part of
Italy, doesn´t it?

I doubt people rarely, if ever, read the URLs they visit. I know I usually
only read the TLD and disregard everything after the slash. If you're
worried about people not knowing that Ligurien is part of Italy...put that
info in the content of the page. :)

--Tina

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
I have noticed that Google shows
the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/ligurien
among the results
instead of
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-ligurien/
for
boenden i Ligurien
Now I wonder whether it does not like the name of the subsubdirectory
italien-ligurien
Perhaps I had better create a subsubdirectory which is called
italien/ligurien as I have
for German
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/italien/ligurien
but would it make sense to change the name now?
italien-ligurien let users easily understand that Ligurien is a part of
Italy, doesn´t it?

Maybe it thinks you spelled "Italian" wrong.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

Maybe it thinks you spelled "Italian" wrong.

Perhaps.
Or may-be I should create the file index.php for
the subdirectory sv
that means for
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/
Anyway, I might have a problem with having
one level less at sv/
sv/italien-ligurien/
whereas at
de/
de/italien/ligurien
Or is that any problem for search engines?
It does not seem to be a problem for Yahoo.
What about Google?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Perhaps.
Or may-be I should create the file index.php for
the subdirectory sv
that means for
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/
Anyway, I might have a problem with having
one level less at sv/
sv/italien-ligurien/
whereas at
de/
de/italien/ligurien
Or is that any problem for search engines?
It does not seem to be a problem for Yahoo.
What about Google?

Actually, I see that there is a file there but I guess I had better write a
sitemap of the subdirectory sv
on that page, hadn´t I?

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
Actually, I see that there is a file there but I guess I had better write a
sitemap of the subdirectory sv
on that page, hadn´t I?

Actually, I know very little about search engines. SEs are a scam, pure
and simple. A few years ago while everyone was lauding the merits of
Google, I was sticking pins in a paper-mache effigy of the Google home
page and chanting Haitian voodoo rites in Swahili. (Don't know Haitian.)

Leonard Blaisdell

Neredbojias said:
Actually, I know very little about search engines. SEs are a scam, pure
and simple. A few years ago while everyone was lauding the merits of
Google, I was sticking pins in a paper-mache effigy of the Google home
page and chanting Haitian voodoo rites in Swahili. (Don't know Haitian.)

Learn Haitian before attempting Voodoo. You'll have to get rid of that
horn protruding from your left ear now, unless you find it attractive.
If it's a trumpet, use industrial hydrochloric acid, but if it's a rhino
horn you'll need ten percent by weight of ammonium nitrate in a tepid,
ethanol base laced with the breath of someone infected by rhino flu.
But less seriously, you don't believe in the value of SEs or Google
ranking?

leo

rf

Neredbojias wrote:

[stuff]

Do you think you could tart up your trimming a littlle bit?

You know, snip the bits you are not interested in, especially the large
bits below your last comment, just so I don't have to scroll way down to
the bottom looking for more of your enlightned writing, only to find none?

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Leonard Blaisdell quothed:
Learn Haitian before attempting Voodoo. You'll have to get rid of that
horn protruding from your left ear now, unless you find it attractive.
If it's a trumpet, use industrial hydrochloric acid, but if it's a rhino
horn you'll need ten percent by weight of ammonium nitrate in a tepid,
ethanol base laced with the breath of someone infected by rhino flu.

Aqua regia, which I use for general dissolution, anyway, ought to do it.
But less seriously, you don't believe in the value of SEs or Google
ranking?

It would be hard to deny they have a realistic value; I just don't like
the system.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, rf quothed:
Neredbojias wrote:

[stuff]

Do you think you could tart up your trimming a littlle bit?

You know, snip the bits you are not interested in, especially the large
bits below your last comment, just so I don't have to scroll way down to
the bottom looking for more of your enlightned writing, only to find none?

Okay, old timer. In this case you're probably right and &deity knows I
don't want to make you any more ornery than before.