    MyWebService instead of MyWebServiceInstaller?

    Best regards,

    Henrik Dahl
    Henrik Dahl, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Henrik Dahl

    Hermit Dave Guest

    the installer project is just something that packages the output.
    try getting into its project properties and under Build you should see and
    output path.
    you can browse and select your destination.
    PS: it will copy to the physical location and dont think it takes virtual
    path.

    --
    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Henrik ,

    The default virtual directory name is the same as the ProductName property for the setup. Change the ProductName to 'MyWebService' and your problem should be solved. (The property
    may be found on the property grid for the setup project.)

    Hope this helps,
    Elizabeth Newman

    --------------------
    >From: "Henrik Dahl" <>
    >Subject: Name of virtual directory created by a setup project
    >Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:59:44 +0100
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    >
    >Hello!
    >
    >I've made a WebService which has the name MyWebService. Now I make a setup
    >project for it. The name of the setup project is MyWebServiceInstaller. The
    >default name for the virtual directory created by the setup program is
    >MyWebServiceInstaller but I would like it to be MyWebService. Is there a way
    >to have the setup to install MyWebService having the virtual directory
    >MyWebService instead of MyWebServiceInstaller?
    >

    >Best regards,
    >
    >Henrik Dahl

    ----
    Elizabeth Newman – Visual Basic Deployment Test Team
    Elizabeth Newman [MS], Feb 6, 2004