Need to do 2 tasks based on user click on email link

Peter Bassett

My app lists jobs for a recruiter. He wants to track members who have
replied directly to job postings. So instead of simply making the client's
email address an <a href="mailto:...> link, I need to do 2 things:

- add a record of their posting to a database table
- open the email client to the job

Howe do I do this? The first part is easy, but I don't know how to open the
email client in an ASP command (I don't really want to auto-sed email, just
open the client and let the user attach their resume and add their cover
latter). Do I have to get my Web Hosting company to install CDO, or is that
standard with all IIS? I get an error when I try to run 'Set MailObj =
CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")'

Thanks!
Pete

Alan

Instead of using a mailto: link you could use a web form to take the email
details. Clicking the 'Send Email' button sends the email using CDONTS
(NewMail) and also writes the event to the database. This gives your app
more control (you can monitor NewMail for errors etc, redirect to an error
page, etc.).

What error message are you getting?

Alan