    CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")'

    Thanks!
    Pete

    Peter Bassett, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Peter Bassett

    Alan Guest

    Instead of using a mailto: link you could use a web form to take the email
    details. Clicking the 'Send Email' button sends the email using CDONTS
    (NewMail) and also writes the event to the database. This gives your app
    more control (you can monitor NewMail for errors etc, redirect to an error
    page, etc.).

    What error message are you getting?

    Alan

    "Peter Bassett" <> wrote in message
    > My app lists jobs for a recruiter. He wants to track members who have
    > replied directly to job postings. So instead of simply making the client's
    > email address an <a href="mailto:...> link, I need to do 2 things:
    >
    > - add a record of their posting to a database table
    > - open the email client to the job
    >
    > Howe do I do this? The first part is easy, but I don't know how to open

    the
    > email client in an ASP command (I don't really want to auto-sed email,

    just
    > open the client and let the user attach their resume and add their cover
    > latter). Do I have to get my Web Hosting company to install CDO, or is

    that

    Alan, Aug 5, 2003