need to find a good "readable" book for ...

lagunasun

I am going from learning c++ console apps to windows, and need a good book.
I prefer the non techical approach with some humor (if possible). I would
like the book to assume the reader has NO windows experience. Thank you
ahead of time for any assistance!

davidrubin

lagunasun said:
I am going from learning c++ console apps to windows, and need a good book.
I prefer the non techical approach with some humor (if possible). I would
like the book to assume the reader has NO windows experience. Thank you
ahead of time for any assistance!

How about "How To Program In Windows For People Who Are Not That
Serious About Learning Windows Programming"? I forget the author's
name... Best of luck. /david

John Carson

lagunasun said:
I am going from learning c++ console apps to windows, and need a good
book. I prefer the non techical approach with some humor (if
possible). I would like the book to assume the reader has NO windows
experience. Thank you ahead of time for any assistance!

The appropriate place to ask is

microsoft.public.vc.language

However, I agree with David's sentiments. There is no such thing as a
"non-technical approach" if you are at all serious about Windows
programming. I haven't noticed much humour either.