Needing to e-mail the page

HockeyFan

From within an asp.net app, I need to e-mail the document in the
browser (not the link, but the page). Can this be done easily, and if
so, can you refer me to the "how to".

Also, what is the preference in sending e-mail from within .net?
There are several smtp means of doing this, but in the past, none of
them have been native .Net. I'm working with 2.0, so I'm hoping
there's an easy 2.0 solution. thanx.

Mark Rae

>From within an asp.net app, I need to e-mail the document in the
browser (not the link, but the page). Can this be done easily, and if
so, can you refer me to the "how to".

Rather than trying to email the entire page (which you could do by grabbing
the rendered HTML), I would actually construct a "proper" email message
based on the contents of the page...
Also, what is the preference in sending e-mail from within .net?
There are several smtp means of doing this, but in the past, none of
them have been native .Net. I'm working with 2.0, so I'm hoping
there's an easy 2.0 solution.

Simplicity itself:
http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/1.3.aspx
http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/3.aspx

Also, be slightly wary of sending emails in HTML format, as many people
block these...