    document. Right now I just see warning message like:
    // CODEGEN: The optional WSDL extension element 'annotation' from namespace
    'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema' was not handled.
    Sebastien Tardif, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Hi

    We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
    update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

    Kevin Yu
    =======
    rights."
    Kevin Yu [MSFT], Nov 13, 2004

  3. Hi ,

    Thanks for your posting. Regarding on the problem you mentioned, I 've also
    done the test and do find the problem you mentioned. I think this is due to
    the wsdl.exe generate tool is omitting these annotation elements when
    parsing the wsdl document. Also, seems most of the webservice client proxy
    generation tools haven't provide a strong enough mechanism for generating
    webservice comments in client proxy's code. Anyway, I'll also pass this
    message to the dev team to see whether there is any other approachs or new
    action plan on such functionality. I'll let you know if I got any new
    updates. Thanks for your understanding.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Nov 15, 2004
  4. Hi Sebastien,

    After some further consulting, it seems that Out source code generation
    tools (xsd.exe, wsdl.exe) do not process the annotations in schema or wsdl
    documents.
    We can use WebMethod and WebService attribute Description property to add
    documentation elements to wsdl, but those tools still won't process them
    when generating proxy code.
    Thanks.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Nov 18, 2004
  5. Sebastien Tardif

    AndyMalakov Guest

    Hi Steven,

    It would be useful to see WSDL/XSD documentation propagated to
    generated proxies and data objects. In our case we have large number
    of XSD types defined and documented in WSDL, and stripping
    documentation from generated files will require all our .NET clients to
    learn WSDL/XSD.
    AndyMalakov, Dec 16, 2004
  6. Thanks for your feedback Andy,

    I'll also forward such requirement to our webservice guys. Hope the
    tools'll become more and more powerful. :)

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Dec 17, 2004