    Does Netbeans have Java search like Eclipse.
    For example knowing how many classes implement xyz interface.

    Thanks!

    vnssoftware, Nov 10, 2003

  2. vnssoftware

    vnssoftware Guest

    Re: Java search- which tools have

    No reply. So I guess NetBeans does not provide this. DO they have plans?
    Any other open source tool that provides this.
    Thanks!

    vnssoftware, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Re: Java search- which tools have

    "vnssoftware" <> wrote in message
    > No reply.

    No post. I did not see one anyway.

    > So I guess NetBeans does not provide this. DO they have plans?
    > Any other open source tool that provides this.

    All I understand so far is something about search
    and IDE's (one might guess searching java source).
    ???

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 17, 2003
  4. vnssoftware

    vnssoftware Guest

    Re: Java search- which tools have

    This is for Java Source Search.
    for Example- How many classes implement xyz interface; Which classes
    have xyz method?
    It is not file based search.
    Eclipse provides this, but I wanted to know if NetBeans does or is
    planning.
    Also, any other independent free tool that you think is good.

    vnssoftware, Nov 18, 2003
  5. vnssoftware

    nos Guest

    Re: Java search- which tools have

    unix grep
    MS find

    nos, Nov 18, 2003
  6. vnssoftware

    vnssoftware Guest

    Re: Java search- which tools have

    grep and find are searching by text.

    vnssoftware, Nov 19, 2003
  7. vnssoftware

    nos Guest

    Re: Java search- which tools have

    so you are searching compiled class files?
    cute

    nos, Nov 19, 2003
  8. vnssoftware

    "nos" <> wrote in message news:<%_Oub.249860$Fm2.259939@attbi_s04>...
    > so you are searching compiled class files?
    > cute

    Yes its cute. You are not getting me.
    X class implements Y interface
    W interface extends Y interface
    If you do text search for Y iterface you will get X, W as result.
    If you do Conceptual Search- who implements Y interface, you will get
    only X as result. For more info, install Eclipse and see Java Search.
    I hope you understand now.

    vnssoftware, Nov 20, 2003