Netbeans install problem----can't new a java project

@

@CL

Hi,all
I had installed JDK6.0 , and then installed Netbeans5.5(en) for
windows(XP sp2 language:ZH_TW),nothing happened in the install
process,but when I open the program,and try to new a java project,I
found it can only select to new a project from an ant build script,
what happened?who can give me a suggestion?

thanks
Richard

David Segall

@CL said:
Hi,all
I had installed JDK6.0 , and then installed Netbeans5.5(en) for
windows(XP sp2 language:ZH_TW),nothing happened in the install
process,but when I open the program,and try to new a java project,I
found it can only select to new a project from an ant build script,
what happened?who can give me a suggestion?
I think you missed the bold print. It says "_an IDE-generated_ Ant
build script". Go ahead, select File->New Project->General->Java
Application and start coding. NetBeans will generate the Ant script.

@

@CL

I think you missed the bold print. It says "_an IDE-generated_ Ant
build script". Go ahead, select File->New Project->General->Java
Application and start coding. NetBeans will generate the Ant script.

thanks very much
I had found the netbeans didn't selected the J2SE module in the Module
Manager initally,that's why I can't select the general java
application,that's strange,isn't it?