netbeans rc2 derby driver error

rySource

I've set up derby per the instructions in the tutorial at sun's site
using netbeans rc2, but after I
set up the database (called sample) and right-click it and select
connect I get the following error message pop-up:

Unable to connect, cannot establish connection to
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sample using
org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver (Unable to find a suitable driver)

Has anyone had this error and found a solution, or does anyone have an
idea about what I can try to remedy the problem? I'm trying to
install in a Linux environment. (When I tried it in windows
everything installed fine, but I don't want windows to be my ONLY
option.)

thanks,
Ryan