New product development opportunities

Harikumar G

Hello All,

We are a group of young developers constituting a small organization. We
plan to launch a new .Net based commercial product to the Indian Market.
We hope u experts will have some idea about the current market situation and
openings. Kindly please advise us on developing a new product. Its going to
be a small scale business

We will be grateful to you.

Thanks
-Hari

Sahil Malik

Product marketing is a weird thing, and these are only my ideas.

You could come up with a fantastic product, but if it costs even $5, it
won't work. But then if you give it away for free, it will gain rapid
acceptance, but you don't make any money off of it.
One good midway option is to create a good complex product, give it away for
free, let people install it, and then charge consulting fees to fix it for
them when they break it.
Also, there will always be a market for a good product, but the bar has been
raised by larger companies. You need to be smart/innovative/original and
targeted. And then you've gotta do it fast, and market it right - and hope
microsoft buys you guys.

- Sahil Malik
http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/sahilmalik