new to 2.0 (moving from 1.1)

Lamentations

just a quick question...there is still a 'bin' folder, correct ? I was
building a sample project a few days ago and I dont seem to recall getting
the assembly placed into a bin folder. Do i need to create this folder
manually ?

I was also reading this article about all the new folders and files that
make up a 2.0 application.
http://www.15seconds.com/issue/050428.htm

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
just a quick question...there is still a 'bin' folder, correct ? I was
building a sample project a few days ago and I dont seem to recall getting
the assembly placed into a bin folder. Do i need to create this folder
manually ?

I was also reading this article about all the new folders and files that
make up a 2.0 application.
http://www.15seconds.com/issue/050428.htm

The compilation model changed drastically between Web Applications in
1.1 and Websites in 2.0. Long story short, with 2.0 websites, you don't
have control over the assembly. You can even avoid creating an assembly
and upload your C# files to the server, and have them compiled on
demand. Also the file structure is different, as you found out.

My experience is that the new way is OK for small applications, or for
quick&dirty work, i.e. when you really need something fast but don't
really care about extendability or maintainability. If however you miss
the old ways, you should really try this:
http://webproject.scottgu.com/

This new template allows you to work like with 1.1, and gives you back
the control over the assembly.

HTH,
Laurent