Performance Degraded Moving from 1.1 to 2.0

Guest

I recently updated my web application from the 1.1 version of the framework
to the 2.0 version. It seems to have seriously degraded the download times
of the pages. I changed nothing beyond the framework, and in many instances
it has doubled the download times of the pages. I am wondering if there any
known reasons or soultions to this problem. I noticed that the javascript
files were being converted to axd files, but I can't imagine that would cause
any measureable performance hit. Those files are not being downloaded with
every request are they? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bruce barker

2.0 can use more viewstate. check the size of your pages.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Bruce,
Thanks for the quick reply. The page size is slighty larger for 2.0, but
certainly nothing to cause the slow download times I am seeing. Any other
ideas?