New Win32 gem, Debian package for RMagick 1.9.0

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by rmagick@gmail.com, Aug 16, 2005.

  1. Guest

    RMagick's Windows guru, Kaspar Schiess, has just released a new Win32
    gem for RMagick. This is the first new RMagick release for Win32 since
    last December. The new gem combines RMagick 1.9.0 and ImageMagick 6.2.3
    so you don't have to install ImageMagick or its dependent libraries
    separately.

    Installation: download the .zip file to a temporary directory and unzip
    it. Follow the instructions in the README.html file. Don't forget the
    postinstall.rb step!

    If you use this gem, please take a minute to thank Kaspar (a.k.a 'eule'
    on RubyForge) for his work!

    http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/5588/RMagick-1.9.0-IM-6.2.3-win32.zip

    Mike Williams' Debian package of RMagick 1.9.0 made its way into Debian
    "unstable" about two weeks ago. Debian "stable" still has RMagick
    1.6.0, but as Mike says, "that's Debian for you."

    Debian users, please thank Mike ('mdub' at RubyForge) for his
    considerable efforts!

    http://packages.qa.debian.org/libr/librmagick-ruby.html

    , Aug 16, 2005

  2. Dema Guest

    Hey, great news. I was really looking forward to this!

    Thanks Kaspar!

    Cheers,
    Dema
    --