    Google images and go from there. How would I make from scratch the graphic?
    Yes, I have no clue about graphics. What prog would I start with?
    Freehand? Fireworks? Paintshop? Thanks in advance for any help.

    Steuben VanBlarcom, May 21, 2004

  2. Steuben  VanBlarcom

    m Guest

    Steuben VanBlarcom wrote:

    > Hi, I am trying to make a simple red "circle slash" graphic at a high
    > resolution to put over another image for a web page. I have Macromedia MX
    > suite, Paint shop Pro 8 and HTML Kit (white elephants since I decided to
    > write everythig in notepad) and know how to combine the 2 images. But all
    > I can do now is download a generic a "circle slash" at a small pixel rate
    > from
    > Google images and go from there. How would I make from scratch the
    > graphic?
    > Yes, I have no clue about graphics. What prog would I start with?
    > Freehand? Fireworks? Paintshop? Thanks in advance for any help.

    Download the free "Gimp" from (you guessed it) gimp.org.
    Also download one of the big sets of documentation.
    Go directly to the material about "layers"
    Basically, a layer is like a clear acetate sheet. You build
    up an image by adding layers with different things on them.
    Then you "flatten" the image to a single layer and save it
    as a .png, .jpg, or .gif. (Photoshop will also do the job for
    several hundred dollars.)
    --
    Cheers, m http://www.mbstevens.com/

    m, May 21, 2004

  3. Steuben  VanBlarcom

    Leslie Guest

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 01:21:40 GMT, "Steuben VanBlarcom" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi, I am trying to make a simple red "circle slash" graphic at a high
    >resolution to put over another image for a web page. I have Macromedia MX
    >suite, Paint shop Pro 8 and HTML Kit (white elephants since I decided to
    >write everythig in notepad) and know how to combine the 2 images. But all I
    >can do now is download a generic a "circle slash" at a small pixel rate from
    >Google images and go from there. How would I make from scratch the graphic?
    >Yes, I have no clue about graphics. What prog would I start with?
    >Freehand? Fireworks? Paintshop? Thanks in advance for any help.

    Paint Shop Pro has a "circle slash" as a pre-set shape. If it's not
    part of the program you can find it on the web by searching. There
    may also be a tube you can use. Again, freely downloadable by
    searching if not already in your files.

    Leslie
    "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."

    Leslie, May 21, 2004
  4. Serif Software makes such a product. They give away PhotoPlus 5.5 for free,
    then pester you to upgrade. However, the 5.5 does a great job and with a
    little trial and error you can get the job done. Circles and various shapes
    are provided to work with.

    Stephen

    Stephen T. Fox, May 21, 2004
  5. "Stephen T. Fox" <> wrote in message
    > Serif Software makes such a product. They give away PhotoPlus 5.5 for

    free,
    > then pester you to upgrade. However, the 5.5 does a great job and with a
    > little trial and error you can get the job done. Circles and various

    shapes
    > are provided to work with.
    >
    > Stephen
    >
    > "Steuben VanBlarcom" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I am trying to make a simple red "circle slash" graphic at a high
    > > resolution to put over another image for a web page. I have Macromedia

    MX
    > > suite, Paint shop Pro 8 and HTML Kit (white elephants since I decided to
    > > write everythig in notepad) and know how to combine the 2 images. But

    all
    > > can do now is download a generic a "circle slash" at a small pixel rate

    > from
    > > Google images and go from there. How would I make from scratch the

    > graphic?
    > > Yes, I have no clue about graphics. What prog would I start with?
    > > Freehand? Fireworks? Paintshop? Thanks in advance for any help.

    Many thanks all.

    Steuben VanBlarcom, May 22, 2004
  6. m wrote:
    > Steuben VanBlarcom wrote:
    >> I have
    >> Macromedia MX suite,
    >>

    > Download the free "Gimp" from (you guessed it) gimp.org.
    > Also download one of the big sets of documentation.
    > Go directly to the material about "layers"
    > Basically, a layer is like a clear acetate sheet. You build
    > up an image by adding layers with different things on them.
    > Then you "flatten" the image to a single layer and save it
    > as a .png, .jpg, or .gif. (Photoshop will also do the job for
    > several hundred dollars.)

    No need to download Gimp if you already have the Macromedia Suite.
    Fireworks should do the job nicely.

    Kyle

    Kyle James Matthews, May 26, 2004