newbie: using servlet in deploytool

Mladen Adamovic

I deployed jsp in deploytool (j2ee 1.3.1) without problem, it works.
I tried to deploy some Servlets and I had a problem : deploytool
needs class file. So it meens I have to compile MyServlet.java into
MyServlet.class before deploying.

The question is : how to do it?
I tried with javac MyServlet.java but javac cannot find j2ee classes
(i.e. HttpServlet). I put c:\j2ee\lib into classpath but still don't
compile.
Must I use ant tool as in j2ee-tutorial or it is not neccesery to use ant
and how?

Chris Smith

Mladen said:
The question is : how to do it?
I tried with javac MyServlet.java but javac cannot find j2ee classes
(i.e. HttpServlet). I put c:\j2ee\lib into classpath but still don't
compile.

You need to place individual JAR files containing these classes into the
classpath. Alternatively, don't use the classpath and copy the JAR
files into jre/lib/ext.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation