No grid layout - but can I arrow the controls?

Guest

I tried all sorts of key combinations.

How do I precisely move controls, such as labels or textboxes with the arrow
keys?

I notice that new labels or boxes only have 2 handles on them, - these
controls I can't even move with my mouse.

Patrice

You can enable positioning options using the "Tools", "Option" menu in the
HTML designer section. You can then use the arrow keys...

(My personal preference is still to use the flow layout and let controls
come in place based on the page structure...)

Guest

I forgot to mention that I'm using 2.0 (only has flow layout right?)

Also, if I can adjust the controls based on the html setting - which one is
it? I tried them all, absolute, relative, etc... I can't move the controls
with my arrow keys.

Please speak more about 'letting the controls come in place based on the
page structure...' maybe it's something I haven't considered.

Patrice

This is in VS 2005 (translated from French) : Tools, Options, in the
treeview HTML Designer , then CSS positioning... Once done I can add a
textbox and move it pixel by pixel (it may perhaps not work for controls
previously created unless you add the appropriate style information ?)

AFAIK most sites are using the flow layout i.e. the precise location is not
defined, instead the layout is rendered depending on the document structure.
For example fields and labels placed in a table will be rendered as needed.
It will be much more easier to add/remove rows than if all controls are
absolutely positionned (plus the layout can be changed automatically by the
browser when the window is resized so that for example the form is always
centered whatever the width is).