No side menue in IE7

Paul

I have this website with a side menu. It works in FF but not in IE7.
This is driving me crazy.
Also in IE the text boxes are larger than they should be. I beleive
this is a problem with the size="20px" in IE. I can live with tthat
for now but I can;t live withot a side menu.

This was supposed to be shown today as well.

A quick fix would be very helpful.

http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/lowther/Bar.php

Desmond.

Andy

Paul said:
I have this website with a side menu. It works in FF but not in IE7.
This is driving me crazy.
Also in IE the text boxes are larger than they should be. I beleive
this is a problem with the size="20px" in IE. I can live with tthat
for now but I can;t live withot a side menu.

This was supposed to be shown today as well.

A quick fix would be very helpful.

http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/lowther/Bar.php

Desmond.

Hi Desmond,

In your lowther.css file find...

..tabnav li
{ margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
width:140px;
display:list-item;
list-style-type: none;
font-family:times new roman;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 16px;
line-height: 0.1px;
color: #00aa00;
text-decoration: none;
}

.... and remove the line...

line-height: 0.1px;

Hope this helps

Andy

Desmond

Hi Desmond,

In your lowther.css file find...

.tabnav li
{ margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
width:140px;
display:list-item;
list-style-type: none;
font-family:times new roman;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 16px;
line-height: 0.1px;
color: #00aa00;
text-decoration: none;

}

... and remove the line...

line-height: 0.1px;

Hope this helps

Andy

Thanks Andy. I can see the menu now. The problem I am facing is that
the menu is more spaced out in IE7
I need to have a starting top position and some kind of line spacing
depending on number of items and blackboard size.

Paul.

Desmond

Thanks Andy. I can see the menu now. The problem I am facing is that
the menu is more spaced out in IE7
I need to have a starting top position and some kind of line spacing
depending on number of items and blackboard size.

Paul.- Hide quoted text -

This is crazy. If I add line-height: 12px; to the .tabnav li
IE spaces out my menu more than FF. If I remove that line, they are
the same but the lines are too close together. Is an IE pixel greater
than a FF pixel.

Desmond.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Yes, I've experienced similar phenomena related to line-height and
different browsers. (Mozilla's generally seem "fatter".)

One option is to use ie conditional comments.

The best option is not to use line-height at all and find out what the
real problem is.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Desmond said:
This is crazy. If I add line-height: 12px;

line-height is supposed to be expressed in units, not pixels or ems or
other measurement.

line-height: 1.2;

But normally, there is no need for it.

dorayme

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
line-height is supposed to be expressed in units, not pixels or ems or
other measurement.

You mean, I am sure, in pure numbers without units. This then marks a
ratio.

Perhaps it is going a little too far to say it is "supposed". Using
units has its dangers for descendent elements and for this reason is
usually best avoided. But the CSS rules allow such things (as you would
know).

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

dorayme said:
You mean, I am sure, in pure numbers without units. This then marks a
ratio.

Yes, that's what I meant; I didn't express that very well. Just numbers.
Pure numbers. Digits. No pixels. No ems. No points. It is a ratio.

line-height: 1.2;

Desmond

Yes, that's what I meant; I didn't express that very well. Just numbers.
Pure numbers. Digits. No pixels. No ems. No points. It is a ratio.

line-height: 1.2;

Thanks guys that was great. No units works fine. Thanks again.

Desmond.

Disco Octopus

I have this website with a side menu. It works in FF but not in IE7.
This is driving me crazy.
Also in IE the text boxes are larger than they should be. I beleive
this is a problem with the size="20px" in IE. I can live with tthat
for now but I can;t live withot a side menu.

This was supposed to be shown today as well.

A quick fix would be very helpful.

http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/lowther/Bar.php

Desmond.

Wow. Do people actually /drink/ Fosters in the UK?