Object html page embeds allow use of any Doctype codes as inserts

Discussion in 'HTML' started by cwdjrxyz, Jan 28, 2011.

  1. cwdjrxyz

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    http://www.cwdjr.net/video7/test3.php (xhtml 1.1 page with media
    embeds and xhtml5 page embed)

    http://www.cwdjr.net/video7/test4.php (xhtml5 page with media embeds
    and page embeds)

    http://www.cwdjr.net/video7/test.php (xhtml 1.1 page with media
    embeds and multi page embeds.This is a development page to demonstrate
    correct embedding of several types of pages ranging from html2 to
    xhtml 1.1 and xhtml5 in a xhtml 1.1 main page.)

    My objective at first was to include the html5 video element on a
    xhtml 1.1 page, if possible.
    It turns out that use of correct modern object code allows this by
    embedding a short xhtml5 page in a xhtml 1.1 page. Since this worked
    well, I expanded my consideration to many versions of html, or html5/
    xhtml5. If you do this, you often can embed a page of another Doctype
    from that of the main page. When done right, the embedded page is
    competely independent of the main page in the "porthole" created for
    the embedded page. Within the "porthole" you are under the rules of
    the Doctype of the embedded page, not the main page. See the last url
    above for examples and extensive comments.

    If you choose to view the HD video example, the password is "Goose"
    without the quotes.
    Please read the comments first to avoid wasting your time if your
    computer is not likely to
    handle this very demanding video.

    Remember this is just a demo page, it is not intended for any other
    message. Some of the pages embedded are rather old and were selected
    to demonstrate something rather than being the best examples
    available.

    I am satisfied that there is no need or excuse to write "html soup"
    which is a mixture of code of different Doctypes on the same page and
    labeled by a Doctype suitable for only part of the code. You can
    instead use correct embeds of short pages of other Doctypes, but this
    is seldom necessary.

    One of the most difficult things was making the demo video of Roscoe
    the Parrot. Making good video of a parrot is far more difficult than
    for a young, active child.

    cwdjrxyz, Jan 28, 2011

  2. cwdjrxyz

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <

    cwdjrxyz <> wrote:

    > http://www.cwdjr.net/video7/test3.php (xhtml 1.1 page with media
    > embeds and xhtml5 page embed)
    >
    > http://www.cwdjr.net/video7/test4.php (xhtml5 page with media embeds
    > and page embeds)
    >
    > http://www.cwdjr.net/video7/test.php (xhtml 1.1 page with media
    > embeds and multi page embeds. This is a development page to demonstrate
    > correct embedding of several types of pages ranging from html2 to
    > xhtml 1.1 and xhtml5 in a xhtml 1.1 main page.)
    >
    > My objective at first was to include the html5 video element on a
    > xhtml 1.1 page, if possible.
    > It turns out that use of correct modern object code allows this by
    > embedding a short xhtml5 page in a xhtml 1.1 page. Since this worked
    > well, I expanded my consideration to many versions of html, or html5/
    > xhtml5.

    Lot of food for thought there, cwdjrxyz. (jbtw, that is one very
    polite and gentle parrot!)

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 28, 2011