offering design services for free

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Justin Elliott, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I'm a student at University in the UK and have been designing and building
    web sites for about 4 years now. I am trying to build up contacts and a
    portfolio so that I can hopefully generate some income over the summer
    months that I have off. To do this I am willing to offer my services
    completely free of charge to help out any other web designers on a
    sub-contract basis or anyone else that may need a web site produced.
    Obviously there will be a limit as to how much work I can do for free but I
    am willing to produce a small site (max 20 pages) and all the other bits
    that go with it, i.e. images, text, coding etc. I am hoping that I will be
    able to build some sort of relationship so that I can generate work with
    this person in the future but there is no obligation to do this.

    Some of my previous work.

    http://www.skiwear-hire.co.uk
    http://www.mtrp.co.uk
    http://www.esitehost.co.uk
    http://www.justinelliott.co.uk/templates - in developement
    http://www.justinelliott.co.uk/strathouse - in developement
    http://www.eastcentralone.com/
    http://www.justinelliott.co.uk/volvo - in developement

    I hope these give you an idea of my ability.

    Please don't hesitate to email me at and we can
    take it from there.

    Cheers.
    Justin Elliott, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Justin Elliott

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Justin Elliott" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm a student at University in the UK and have been designing and building
    > web sites for about 4 years now. I am trying to build up contacts and a
    > portfolio so that I can hopefully generate some income over the summer
    > months that I have off. To do this I am willing to offer my services
    > completely free of charge to help out any other web designers on a
    > sub-contract basis or anyone else that may need a web site produced.
    > Obviously there will be a limit as to how much work I can do for free but

    > am willing to produce a small site (max 20 pages) and all the other bits
    > that go with it, i.e. images, text, coding etc. I am hoping that I will be
    > able to build some sort of relationship so that I can generate work with
    > this person in the future but there is no obligation to do this.
    >
    > Some of my previous work.
    >
    > http://www.skiwear-hire.co.uk
    > http://www.mtrp.co.uk
    > http://www.esitehost.co.uk
    > http://www.justinelliott.co.uk/templates - in developement
    > http://www.justinelliott.co.uk/strathouse - in developement
    > http://www.eastcentralone.com/
    > http://www.justinelliott.co.uk/volvo - in developement
    >
    > I hope these give you an idea of my ability.
    >
    > Please don't hesitate to email me at and we can
    > take it from there.
    >
    > Cheers.

    Foolish boy :) But good luck anyway!
    SpaceGirl, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Justin Elliott

    rf Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm a student at University in the UK and have been designing and building
    > web sites for about 4 years now. I am trying to build up contacts and a
    > portfolio

    I looked at each of the sites you offered up. They all look quite, well, er,
    OK.

    However you should would submit each of them over at alt.html.critique for
    review. There are some underlying problems that all of them have and some
    specific problems each of them individually has. You just may learn
    something from the advice you may recieve. Wear you tinfoil hat :)

    It is altruistic of you to offer your services but consider the arena in
    which you make that offer. alt.html is a newsgroup frequented by
    professional (or not) web site builders helping out by answering questions
    from want-to-be web site builders. Does this suit your offer? Do any of us
    require your services?

    Then again somebody just may be lurking here who would *love* to use your
    services :)

    Best of luck.

    Cheers
    Richard.