OleDbException executing reader on Access stored view

Marco Frontini

I had a strange error in asp.net when try to execute a simple select
statement like "Select * From ViewName" if the stored view contains a where
clause.
The connection is made to an Access database using System.Data.OleDb objects
and Jet 4.0 oledb provider.
The same code works fine in windows form application.
Removing the where clause from the stored view or adding ASPNET user into
"Power Users" or "Administrators" groups, all works also in asp.net.
My first idea was a security/permission problem, but it is strange that all
properly works without the where clause.

The error happens on Win xp sp2 with .NET 1.1 sp1 and don't happens on Win
xp sp1 with .NET 1.1 sp1.

???????
Some ideas?

Thanks so much for your help, Marco.

Kevin Spencer

Exceptions have messages. Odd that you danced all around the exception
without managing to mention what exactly it IS. How about it?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP