Only 2 Http Concurrent Connections, Server to Server, .NET

Jay Douglas

Sorry for the cross post but I was hoping between developers and systems ppl
I can get answer to this question. I've searched; found issues similar to
mine but the solutions are not working.

My situation:

I have an ASP.net web app running on Server 2003 (Server 1) that calls a
service on a different Server 2003 (Server 2) via HTTP.

Problem:

Server 1 and Server 2 only have two established concurrent connections over
http. I need at least fifty. I've created a test page from Server 1 that
threads > 20 simulations HTTP calls to Server 2. There are still only two
connections. Logging from the test page clearly details that only 2 calls
are being made at a time.

Question:
How do I increase the number of HTTP connections between the two servers?
Can I also allow Windows XP (via IIS) to use more than 2 HTTP connections?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm at a loss understanding the
how/why and what to do to fix.
Jay

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

wow, look at how many groups you posted it to. You must be desperate. You
can find the maxconnection setting in your config file set to 2 by default.
Bump this number up at your discretion. It is not free, there is a price to
pay for this which is why it is set conservatively at 2.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney